Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Vacation

Have I mentioned how awesome it is to have an entire week off for Thanksgiving? Well, it's AWESOME! There was not a moment where I had nothing to do. I started out the week doing some hardcore cleaning, and ended the week going to the movies with some great friends. I convinced some of my family members to participate in the Dallas YMCA Turkey Trot this year. There were over 35,000 participants; 10 minutes passed from the start time until we actually crossed the starting line! 1 hour and 3 miles later, we finished as a family. The streets of downtown Dallas were super crowded, but we had a blast! What a great way to start Thanksgiving. Afterwards, we had Thanksgiving Dinner, which was DELICIOUS, and looked through Black Friday Ads (by the way, when did Black Friday become Big Friday?). 3am Friday morning I got up to go on the annual Black Friday shopping spree with my Mom. I know, standing in line outside - where it was cold, rainy, and dark- for over an hour does not sound fun, but we make the most of it. There are a lot of funny stories about the shopping day that I could tell, but I will leave that for another time. This week was busy and yet very restful at the same time. Part of me wishes for a few more days off of work, but the rest of me is ready to get back to work tomorrow. Three more weeks until Christmas Vacation...not that I'm counting.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

the Turkey Trot huh... I've always wanted to do that! I definitely will some day! the break is over my friend... have a good day tomorrow!