Monday, October 13, 2008

tetanus shot??

You think you started your weekend off on a bad foot... haha... read my story! So on Friday, I go back up to school to prep for my sub on Tuesday. I am dressed in jeans and flip-flops (first mistake) since it is after school hours. Well, I decided that I will use the computer in the teacher center to print off attendance and what not for the sub. I sit down in the chair, spin (second mistake) to face the computer and slice my 2nd and 3rd toe on my left foot right up against my toenail. For those of you that don't know, the leg on the right side of the computer table is missing the cap, thus creating a sharp and rusty edge on which it is highly likely you will cut your foot upon and possibly need a tetanus shot. After slicing my toes (which was so painful I said some choice words), I looked down at them to make sure they were ok, which they seemed to be. Within a few minutes, I felt the oozing of blood, and looked down to find my toes bleeding. I ignore the bleeding and keep on working on sub stuff. Later that night, my sister advises me to clean the cuts (completely slipped my mind because I was distracted about getting ready for a sub) so they do not get infected. I promptly clean the deep cuts. Yesterday, while in the shower (may I add that water hurts like the devil on a deep cut on your foot?), I noticed the pain was worse than the previous day and looked down to see that my cuts were infact infected. Great. Dry, clean, clean, clean... yeah. Needless to say, shot records were pulled out and getting a tetanus shot has been considered. Today, after wearing socks and shoes all day (the only shoes that don't hurt my cuts are flip-flops which are big no-no's at inservice), my toes are swollen and very sore again. Luckily I do not have lockjaw just yet. I might need a tetanus shot... :(

2 comments:

Amanda said...

oh my gosh!!! your poor toes!!! yikes. hmm.. workman's comp maybe? (smile)

Amy said...

I think that is grounds for workers comp.